raising brewing vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerome Sidley

Reaction score
As I get older I am having trouble moving and picking up brewing vessels. I would like to make a 3 tiered stand where I could mechanically raise the brew pot after mashing so it would be high enough to drain into the carboy. Have any of you made such a device? I'm not really interested in pumps at this time.
Thanks all

I can’t remember where but I have seen guys use a boat winch, hydraulic table and a pulley system mounted to the ceiling. A 3 tier is a good way to go because gravity is awesome to use. You also will need to lift your mash tun also so you might need to plan for that.

They make motorbike lift tables (scissor lifts, essentially) that might just be the right size for brewing vessels.

Even one inexpensive "tan pump" would solve all kinds of height-related brewing issues.
The idea of a pulley lifting a hot kettle is unappealing from a safety point of view, and a lifting table will cost a lot more than even a Riptide pump...

Cheers!

You can drain into a bucket and use a pitcher or kitchen pot with a handle to transfer the wort to your kettle. That's what I do.

Kettle is at counter height, so gravity will drain it into my fermenter.

Even one inexpensive "tan pump" would solve all kinds of height-related brewing issues.
The idea of a pulley lifting a hot kettle is unappealing from a safety point of view, and a lifting table will cost a lot more than even a Riptide pump...

Cheers!
Sure, but then you have a lifting table! I'm very much in favor of synergy for your different hobbies. Now, if you don't like motorbikes, then that's a different issue. But a lift table might also come handy for woodworking, restoring furniture, metal work, overhauling your wheel chair, that kind of things. Sorry, drifting off topic.:bigmug:

Latest posts

Back