Racking cane/autosiphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMahn

Reaction score
So at the end of my brewing day, I wash and rinse everything. The racking cane/tubing has a lot of water droplets on the inside. It will take days to dry by itself. Is this anything I need to worry about? - ie, Will it lead to sanitation problems at some point? Or is this a case of RDWHAHB?

-E

If its thoroughly washed, oxyclean or pbw preferably and hrooughly rinsed I wouldn't worry about it. As long as it has no physical grime or gunk and is indeed clean. Just use any sanitizer before use and it will take care of anything else

I've not had issues with mine. I hang it from my spare bathroom's shower curtain rod to dry and pull apart the siphon.

I pull mine apart,wash, air dry then sanitize before next use. You should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

My racking cane has seen some pretty nasty ****, forgetting to clean it, and it gets all caked on and what not...nothing a soak in some oxyclean and warm water for a few minutes doesnt fix.

Back