R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some one who is about to turn 49, I have say, do new things, travel, go places, try something different, enjoy everyday, don't look back on what you wish you had done, do it as you never know when when you wake up it is your last day, either from illness or being hit by a bus.

Well I wondered if he had quit drinking and needed to avoid the place. My glass is raised to you tonight Brac! You had a great sense of humor and a real kindness inside. Maybe we'll bump into each other at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

A small part of me will continue wondering if perhaps you were relocated again by the Witness Protection system. Given some of the things you mentioned, like that time you

Well I wondered if he had quit drinking and needed to avoid the place.

This is more my reason for not making a "where's ______?" thread every time someone disappears around here. Probably the two most extreme reasons a person might leave are death and starting on the 12-steps. If someone is dead, I can't make their situation worse. I'd hate to make someone stumble from sobriety because they felt like they had to login and explain their absence.

I was just looking for the completely incoherent gibberish I saw Bracc post, and I was reminded how he would make memes out of our posts, but the text was tiny. How he once passionately declined a raccoon hug. Also, how he ruined a chance I had of getting $1,000 out of @Jayjay1976 after Jayjay drank a not insignificant amount of tequila.

Probably the two most extreme reasons a person might leave are death and starting on the 12-steps. If someone is dead, I can't make their situation worse. I'd hate to make someone stumble from sobriety because they felt like they had to login and explain their absence.
You missed "Significant other found out how much it actually costs to make beer".

This is more my reason for not making a "where's ______?" thread every time someone disappears around here. Probably the two most extreme reasons a person might leave are death and starting on the 12-steps. If someone is dead, I can't make their situation worse. I'd hate to make someone stumble from sobriety because they felt like they had to login and explain their absence.
I agree with you there, but it just didn't feel right with Bracc. I think he would have at least reached out to someone he trusted on here (possibly me) or one of the mods. If this had been the case and he had the email notification thingie turned on he would have at least seen that we were concerned. A small part of me kinda figured he was gone based on that assumption, albeit a very long assumption. Unless a member really overshares about their personal life (again possibly me sometimes) we really don't know a lot about someone beyond what they post here. But that doesn't mean we can't be concerned when they suddenly disappear. Despite numerous searches I still cannot find an obituary or death notice, either in his hometown or the county; this pains me, that his family didn't do something like that. Or maybe he didn't want it, who knows.

Back to memories...when he got those huge milk cans, he was so excited, and shared almost every step he took to make them useable. And his dryer for deculming malt. And constantly bragging about his fancy-schmancy electronic refractometer. I hope that whoever has his equipment now appreciates and uses it.

*edit Let's keep an eye on the BBF forum for someone who shows up with milk cans, a modified dryer, and aforementioned fancy-schmancy refractometer!!!!

Dammit. This is not the findings we were hoping for. I checked on the internet occasionally for any sign of his whereabouts. After I saw his house sell I figured it would only be a little bit before he made his way back online.

I always had good interactions with him. Even if his interactions weren't with me, he always made me chuckle.

RIP, buddy.

Despite numerous searches I still cannot find an obituary or death notice, either in his hometown or the county; this pains me,
Me too. I am all for respecting privacy, I read a lot but don't post much because I am usually a very private person. Some have mentioned being annoyed at times, but he had a huge heart. Very frugal -not cheap, (there is a difference) and inventive. Creative. He mentioned "buying a round", and the next thing I knew I was a supporting member. We started chatting, I figured out who gifted me an upgrade.

Usually there is a memorial wall on a funeral home site at least, I would like to say something there. And- until I find and see an obit, I'm not accepting this update news. Maybe I am because why am I crying when I read these posts, which is nuts I know when you have never met face to face.

seatazzz- your trying to find one too so I think we are just seeking closure? I am still hoping he IS reading and laughing his ass off. Till I see some sort of death notice or obit, that's what I want to believe.
So

Bracconiere if you are reading- I have hops again, lots, will ship you some if you just say yes you want them and say where to send them now. Free. Did I mention, they would be FREE.​

I will now resume just reading.

Last edited:
It's amazing how he was just a posting machine for his time here, but look at the folks with the most posts.

Most messages

He's a little way down the list.

What's even weirder? How some of the folks above him are still there but have transitioned to lurkers or have completely left.

So, no one knows his status???? I have had the forum send him an email asking him how he is doing. I have also asked him to login and post on this thread if he can.

What if you subtract taproom posts?

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

After a few months hiatus, OK more like a year, my first thought logging on was "where's Bracc?". It is like walking into a room to immediately realize the recliner is missing. This is sorrowful news indeed.

The number of regulars here who have shown their concern and respect goes to show how much he was a part of HBT history. Since this is the closest I get to signing a guestbook for his funeral I felt like I needed to post a farewell. RIP Bracc

To the regulars and not-so regulars, I simply want to tell you that I appreciate you. I think @bracconiere would have liked to know the same.

An interesting character, sort of whimsically non-sensical. He would often respond with YouTube videos that he associated with the post or thread he was responding to.

He spoke often of Mendocino, CA and his adventures there and of course malting his own barley.

I don't know that he left us any beer recipes? Make barley malt, mash, ferment dry with gluco, seemed to be his basic recipe.

Farewell sir.

I don't know that he left us any beer recipes? Make barley malt, mash, ferment dry with gluco, seemed to be his basic recipe.
I was think about brewing a @bracconiere beer and did some looking to see if I could find a complete recipe but only found partials.

1060 starting gravity, add gluco with the yeast to get a 8% final product. Could not find IBUs but he said his beers were malty and it seems like he used old bargain hops. Don't over do the hops it may make you dehydrated. ;)

I did find a more compete amber recipe he offered to compete with an AI generated recipe.

Latest posts

Back