Quick Tri Clover Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBrewer

Reaction score
So I am ordering a 1"/1.5" tri-clover accessory, but when I look at the gaskets on Brewers Hardware, the gaskets come in 1", 1.5"...and so on. My question is:
Which gasket do I buy for the 1"/1.5" tri-clover fitting? I am assuming the 1.5" but I am not sure on this.

So I am ordering a 1"/1.5" tri-clover accessory, but when I look at the gaskets on Brewers Hardware, the gaskets come in 1", 1.5"...and so on. My question is:
Which gasket do I buy for the 1"/1.5" tri-clover fitting? I am assuming the 1.5" but I am not sure on this.

1/1.5 are interchangeable, but the 1.5 will have a bigger hole though the middle.

So if the I/D of you pipe is 1" you can get either. If it's 1.5 then I would go with the 1.5 gasket so you don't have a restriction.

I have trouble with the 1 inch gaskets sticking. I think a little vacuum is created in all that surface area. No problem with the 1.5 though

For the average homebrewer doing 1-2 batches a month, 5gal batches, are there any advantages to buying tri-clover fittings?

For the average homebrewer doing 1-2 batches a month, 5gal batches, are there any advantages to buying tri-clover fittings?

Yes... they look cool. :D

But on a serious note. On the hot side it doesn't matter. On the cold side it is easier to keep things sanitary. Now this really only matters if you are using a conical or something.

I use tri clamps on everything just because I can piece my plumbing together with them. They can be somewhat of an annoyance at times, but I wouldn't have done my system any other way.

Here is a pic of a 1.5" (white) and 1"(black) on a 1" fitting.
IMG_4437.jpg

Latest posts

Back