Quick question about boil!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlomo

Reaction score
So, I'm not new to brewing or anything, but i had a question.

My brew day has made its way into the time I'm supposed to be going on a date with SWMBO.

I've finished my mash, but will anything be bad if i wait to do my boil for a few hours?

I dont want to start it and have to blow her off, so can i just postpone the boil?

Quick response would be awesome, thanks!

My initial view is that it wont matter, but more veteran brewers chime in please?

It will be fine if you let it sit in kettle for a few hours. just not in the mash tun with grains. it will have tannin or other off flavors.

If your talking delay of a few hours I think your good. You dont want any bugs getting in and starting to sour the mash though so I definitely would finish it later tonight. And dont leave the grains in the mash

Should be good. Had the same problem last September with a brown ale. Finished sparging around 5 and got back around 9 or 10 and finished. Batch was fine. Just keep it covered and you'll be good.....oh, and the same for the wort ;)

Sounds good, thanks guys.

I've finished my mash and fly sparge is complete. Its just sitting in my kettle covered, waiting to be boiled.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Latest posts

Back