Quick few questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizdumb1

Reaction score
Ok...I have been reading and skimming through post after post and would really like to build an electric system but I keep running across one thing I guess I don't get. I keep seeing you need GFCI protected outlet but I have also read that you can use a dryer outlet. I have a 4 prong dryer outlet I could use. It says 30amp 120/250v on it.

I kind of get the whole idea behind it....I think. If I had to I guess I could pay someone to come install what I needed but I'm really trying to keep cost down since building the whole thing is not cheap itself.

My box looks like this inside. I see only one breaker that is protected but it is only a 15amp. So I guess I am wondering is it possible to go ahead and build my system and be ok or do I have to install a different breaker?

IMG_1780.jpg

That sounds easy enough. I have found a few 30 amp GFCI breakers for like $50 on CL....Would it be possible to just install one into the breaker box and run an outlet?
I was thinking about swapping the 30 amp breaker with one of those but have read that they are not for dryers.

I might just get the spa panel since it's not overly expensive but want to explore all options first.

Back