Quick DIY Brew Question Please Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcross

Reaction score
Okay so I have a batch of brew on now it is just one of those diy kits that come with a liquid malt extract, It started out great a bubbling like something fierce for two days and now all of a sudden on the third day it's stopped bubbling altogether! Is this normal or do you think the batch is ruined or what? New to brewing kind of nervous something is frigged up for it to go from 100 to 0 in a day!

It’s normal. Give it another week and your more than likely good to go.

On average actual fermentation takes about 3 days. So don't worry, everything is cool. I always ferment for two weeks, then bottle. The extra time allows the yeast to eat up all the byproducts (that cause off flavors in the beer) left over from fermentation. This will give you a cleaner, clearer, tasting beer. I hope this helped. Welcome to the forum, & to the greatest hobby in the world. If you have any more questions let us know. This is a great forum. Someone will always help you out.

Back