Quick Connect on beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEndorf

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's time to replace my beer lines from keg to tap.
Was thinking of the non-vinyl ultra barrier tubing, along with quick connects. (also known as John Guest or push fittings)
Has anyone done this - replacing your SS barbed flare fittings, etc. with QC's?
Trying to google specific fittings is a nightmare.
I'm having a hard time finding 7/16 OD connectors.

... quick connects. (also known as John Guest or push fittings) Has anyone done this - replacing your SS barbed flare fittings, etc. with QC's?...

I haven't replaced barbs, I started out with the John Guest fittings (and BevSeal Ultra 235 hose). The fittings work perfectly, and they are so easy to use. The hose is stiff, but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Day_trippr's link shows the hose & fittings I used, and it's where I bought mine.

I try not to use barbs on anything. I changed all my keg disconnects to threads so I can switch them out and clean them easier.

Then I got this bev-seal ultra and john guest fittings and its great. The stiff line is a bit of a PITA, but once I got the guest ELBOW fittings that made all the difference. Highly recommend that setup.

Excellent! Thanks all for the info and link.
I'll check this out. I think there's even a QD to replace the 1/4 flare tail piece on the end of the tap shank.

EDIT: The push fit connector for the shank is right on the link day_trippr provided.
Everything I need. You guys are fantastic.

OK... Follow up.
I love the QD's but find that if the line is not perfectly straight at the connection it will leak beer.
How do ya'll adjust for this? Pics would be helpful !

Thanks!

EDIT: I bought the stuff recommended from brew hardware

Last edited:
*** bump***

Do y'all use Teflon tape on these fittings? I'm still trying to figure out why they leak if not perfectly straight.

my first thought is that you are not pushing the tubing in far enough to get a complete seal around the tubing. Is it leaking around the tubing or the threads?

If it is the threads on the shank, then you need to make sure that there is a gasket between the end of the shank and the inside sealing face on the John Guest fitting.

If it is on the QD side, make sure you have the flared John Guest fitting tight, but not too tight. I have cracked a number of my acetal John Guest FFL fittings. I now have some brass ones that I am very happy with for gas side use.

Latest posts

Back