Questions about doing a "half-batch"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogtenstein222

Reaction score
So I ordinarily do 5 gallon batches, but as I continue to brew, I find I have more and more friends wanting to convert to drinking homebrew over their typical desire for BMC.
My only problem, a majority of them are IPA drinkers, while I am not. My solve: brew 2.5 gallons of IPA, and then do a normal batch of wheat.
To do a 2.5g batch, would I just take a 5 gallon bill and split everything (except times) in half? Or just spend more time finding a 2.5g recipe?

So I ordinarily do 5 gallon batches, but as I continue to brew, I find I have more and more friends wanting to convert to drinking homebrew over their typical desire for BMC.
My only problem, a majority of them are IPA drinkers, while I am not. My solve: brew 2.5 gallons of IPA, and then do a normal batch of wheat.
To do a 2.5g batch, would I just take a 5 gallon bill and split everything (except times) in half? Or just spend more time finding a 2.5g recipe?

Yup, cut everything in half except time.

Back