Question re: my Magic Hat #9 clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mappler

Reaction score
I am fermenting a Magic Hat #9 clone. It has been in primary for 18 days. SG is now 1.019. FG is supposed to be 1.014. It is going to go in a secondary with some apricot puree.

My Question: Should I put it in the secondary now or wait until I hit FG? I am traveling a few days next week, so a decision to leave it in primary is to leave it in for another 11 days before secondary.

I am in no rush for this beer to finish (I have other things to drink), just not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,
-Matt

Agree, made a #9 clone for my summer batch last year. I thought it was better than original. Hope your turns out as good.

Thanks for the replies. I'll leave it sit then.

It has been a busy homebrew night. Picked up a second beer fridge ($20 - craigslist) and brewed the Austin Homebrew Session Belgian Speciality Ale tonight.

-Matt

Glad I left it in primary, as suggested. SG is now 1.012 and the beer/wort tastes AWESOME. SWMBO requested it skip the secondary and go straight to keg. I talked her out of that and it is now racking to secondary.

the magic hat clone sounds great...ummm for the life of I just cant figgure what SWMBO means...Tom

Back