Question for VTers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoplander

Reaction score
SWMBO and I will be visiting the lovely state of Vermont for the first time next weekend (in the vicinity of Round Barn farm/Waterbury). So I have a couple questions...

A. We plan on visiting Warren Falls. Is it ok to bring beer to a place like this?

2. Other than Prohibition Pig and the hours drive to Alchemist and Burlington, respectively. Can you recommend places to eat/drink and also any other local brews I should keep an eye out for other than HT, Lawson's and Hill Farmstead?

Thanks in advance.

hours Drive to the Alchemist? It's in the same town, Waterbury. Rock Art makes some decent beer. Wicked Wings in Johnson is good and Ben and Jerry's is right near the alchemist. Good luck

alane1 said:
hours Drive to the Alchemist? It's in the same town, Waterbury. Rock Art makes some decent beer. Wicked Wings in Johnson is good and Ben and Jerry's is right near the alchemist. Good luck

I must have been looking at something else on the map. It's like 30 minutes from the place we're staying haha my trip just got so much better. Thanks for the recommendations.

Does that mean you will be here for the brew fest?

When in Burlington, make sure to stop at Farmhouse Tap & Grill. They usually have Hill Farmstead and Lawson's on tap and great food.

Here is a guide I posted a few weeks ago to the area. There wi be lots of events next weekends for the brew fest, so even if you don't have tickets check out the pubs.

http://www.vtbeer.org/2013/06/19/vermonts-ipa-highway/

Blackback tavern in waterbury had 3 HF and a Lawson's on tap. Kind of a hole in the wall place but good for a couple beers. Also the pizza place right up the street was excellent. Forget the name of it but its literally around the corner from blackback.

Swmbo and I had a nice time and Ben and Jerry's. Did the quick tour and had some ice cream and were in and out in about an hour.

Overall a nice place. Enjoy.

Blackback Pub usually has a great selection of HF and Lawsons. I think the pizza place might be The Blue Stone. Blackback has some decent Mexican food :)

Won't be there until the 27th. Got my weekends mixed up. Wish I could go to the Brew Fest. Looks pretty great. I will have to check these places out for sure. Thanks again.

So I missed fresh HT by an hour yesterday. In town for one more day. Anyone know of a place I can go to get 4 packs? OR does anyone have some fresh cans they'd be willing to part with?

Also, Blue Stone was great. Loved blackback's (our bar tender was from Philly) and Prohibition Pig had a great selection of beer (though, I wasn't crazy about their food).

Alchemist made deliveries to Stowe and Morrisville on Friday. If you're very lucky, you might be able to find some 4-packs there at a smaller store. Heady usually sells out quick at large stores but the smaller stores are sometimes hidden. Check retail list on their web site for which stores in Stowe and Morrisville carries it.

jamesewelch said:
Alchemist made deliveries to Stowe and Morrisville on Friday. If you're very lucky, you might be able to find some 4-packs there at a smaller store. Heady usually sells out quick at large stores but the smaller stores are sometimes hidden. Check retail list on their web site for which stores in Stowe and Morrisville carries it.

Thanks for the tip. My search continues...

Make sure to take the drive to burlington if you can, high gravity and vermont pub and brewery are great stops. high grav is in american flatbread and they have some amazing pizza (get there early tables fill up FAST) shelburne farms is great as well as a stop by magic hat and fiddlehead on the way back up, also shelburne vinyards is right across the strett from fiddlehead if you or SWMBO is into that. They grow a grape that the owner acually breeded, named it after his wife i forgot the name of it now. Good stuff though.

Also its never mentioned here but burn gallery is a sick spot if your into "glass art" they have a flame off once a year with big name artists. Deff a sight to see.

^Zero Gravity at American Flatbread

Totally agree with Johnny. Zero Gravity and Fiddlehead are two of my local favs.

If you stop by Zero Gravity, check out R-Prime. It's a collab with one of our local homebrew phenoms (the guy who won Sam Adams Longshot to have his homebrew at Pats game and who took 1st at 2013 NHC and won tons of other awards, different styles/beers than R-Prime but it's still a local homebrewer making good beer story :) ).

Does that mean you will be here for the brew fest?

When in Burlington, make sure to stop at Farmhouse Tap & Grill. They usually have Hill Farmstead and Lawson's on tap and great food.

Here is a guide I posted a few weeks ago to the area. There wi be lots of events next weekends for the brew fest, so even if you don't have tickets check out the pubs.

http://www.vtbeer.org/2013/06/19/vermonts-ipa-highway/

They have super good burgers and a nice bourbon selection as well.

Didn't end up in Burlington as SWMBO spent over $100 at Cabot on "gifts" plus Ben & Jerry's tour, a second stop at The Alchemist and then a ride out to the Warren Falls which were awesome. Finishing up dinner at the Reservoir. Food is awesome and 40+ beers on tap including BCBS Coffee and KBS. Couldn't be happier. If I can't convince her to move up here, we'll be back soon and will have to stop in Burlington (if we don't take a quick pit stop there tomorrow before leaving).

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions and help. If you're ever visiting NJ, let me know. You've got a beer coming your way.

Latest posts

Back