Question about using keg as a "secondary"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waverz

Reaction score
Made a Russian Imperial Stout last month and racked it off into a keg today.

I usually never "seconday" ferment. For normal beers I usually just let sit in primary for about a month, rack to keg, and seal with about 10 psi CO2. I then force carb when I'm ready to drink.

Being I'm going bulk age this RIS for 6-8 months is my normal method okay?

Made a Russian Imperial Stout last month and racked it off into a keg today.

I usually never "seconday" ferment. For normal beers I usually just let sit in primary for about a month, rack to keg, and seal with about 10 psi CO2. I then force carb when I'm ready to drink.

Being I'm going bulk age this RIS for 6-8 months is my normal method okay?

Yes, sounds perfect!

I use Corneys as a secondary all the time. You are able to purge o2 regarless of headspace, and can easily serve from that keg when ready or move to another keg when ready. And....No light can get through

I thought it would be fine. I guess I just didn't know if I should pull the pressure relief pin evey once in awile or just keep it completely sealed.

Leave it sealed. Some co2 will dissolve into the beer, but not to the point where it will affect your normal carbonation process.

Latest posts

Back