question about setting psi and then pulling off gas line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saeroner

Reaction score
So if I set a keg to 30 psi and then pull the line, the pressure is still inside correct? I'm sure not forever.... I'm using the same line for 3 kegs so i couldn't leave it on.

When i came back to the keg 14 hours later and put the line back on at was at 12. I bumped it up to 30 again.

Is that normal?

So if I set a keg to 30 psi and then pull the line, the pressure is still inside correct? I'm sure not forever.... I'm using the same line for 3 kegs so i couldn't leave it on.

When i came back to the keg 14 hours later and put the line back on at was at 12. I bumped it up to 30 again.

Is that normal?

AND>>>>

Equilibrium..........

So, yes that is normal.

Some of the 30psi that you put in was dissolved into the beer.
By the time you returned, there was 12 psi left over above the beer. If you had waited longer, there may have even been less.

You have witnessed the very reason that we keg our beer and apply a supply of CO2 to carbonate it.

SCIENCE!!!!
:mug:

Thanks that is what i figured. I didn't know... maybe there was a leak idk.

thanks.

Also yes it was coming off cold crash so it was cold... I never have done the 30 psi, only set and forget.

Back