Question about Pacman substitute, and a few other things

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KepowOb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I found a recipe that calls for Pacman, which I don't have access to. I've read in a few places that US-05 is a nice substitute for it, but the OG is supposed to be 1.077. Beersmith recommends 2 packs (MrMalty says 1.3 packs, so I'm assuming Beersmith is simply rounding up), which I have no problems doing. I've yet to make a starter with liquid yeast... but I wouldn't mind trying one out for this batch. If I do, I'm pretty sure I could go with WLP001, right?

I have a few other brews that I could do instead, which I was going to use US-05 with. Should I make one of those first, then save some of the yeast from them to use on this brew?

The one that called for Pacman is higher grav, and will be dry hopped, so I'm guessing that it's not the ideal canditate to brew first and use some slurry from that for my other batches... right?

I've had better luck with WLP007. It's one of two Stone Brewing house strains and it's a monster. High attenuator, flocs hard and clean flavor profile. It's like 001 with about a 10% better attenuation and a higher alcohol tolerance.

Latest posts

Back