Question about fermenting/bottling/clearing/berries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstone803

Reaction score
So I currently have 5.5 gallons of AJ, a 3 lb bag of mixed berries, 2 lbs of sugar and notty bubbling away in my garage. I want to rack when I get to a specific gravity then bottle and pasteurize. My question is can I rack to the secondary while ferment is still ongoing and add clearing agent or am I doomed to have berry bits floating in my cider?

I don't know about the clearing agent, but I have went about this by adding the campden tablets as soon as it hit the correct FG. I have also just started to cold crash as soon as it hit the correct FG. Once that is complete then rack to secondary.

I don't know about the clearing agent, but I have went about this by adding the campden tablets as soon as it hit the correct FG. I have also just started to cold crash as soon as it hit the correct FG. Once that is complete then rack to secondary.

Yea I thought about cold crashing since it has been cold enough here to just stick in outside for a day or two.

Back