Quality regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

223nbecker45

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a co2 regulator and want to buy a quality one from the start. Which regulators are going to last and work great?

Most of the name brand regulators are pretty high quality and will last for years.

I'm kind of partial to the MicroMatic Premium series, because of their ease of adjustment. Mine has been rock solid so far.

I had a no-brand regulator sourced from ebay before I bought the MM one. It was nothing but trouble. Definitely wish I'd just bought a better one from the start.

I have a Taprite dual (one psi for beer, the other for soda) and it's worked perfectly, holds pressures, and easy to adjust. It has large red knobs that are easy to grasp and turn. The brass still looks like the day I got it. I'd give it a grade of A.

I also have a Micromatic regulator. Regulates perfectly. Its adjustment knob is metal and smaller than the Taprite (still easily done by hand). The finish looks like chrome plating over brass, but the plating is nasty looking and a bit corroded now. I'd give this regulator a B.

I have a Taprite dual (one psi for beer, the other for soda) and it's worked perfectly, holds pressures, and easy to adjust. It has large red knobs that are easy to grasp and turn. The brass still looks like the day I got it. I'd give it a grade of A.

I also have a Micromatic regulator. Regulates perfectly. Its adjustment knob is metal and smaller than the Taprite (still easily done by hand). The finish looks like chrome plating over brass, but the plating is nasty looking and a bit corroded now. I'd give this regulator a B.

Go with the Taprite, they are great regulators.

Latest posts

Back