PWM Stir Plate - Parts Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT_Keg

Reaction score
Hey all,

I would like to build braukaiser's pwm stir plate (http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=PWM_Coltrolled_Stir_Plate_Design) but I can't seem to source 2 parts.

NE555N timer chip (mouser: 511-NE555N)

Will mouser #: 595-NE555P work?

Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors, 22 uF (mouser: 140-RGA220M2ABK0811G)

I am not 100% sure what a comparable replacement would be; the whole ripple current terminology is throwing me off. Any help would be appreciated!

MT

555s are probably the most generic chips in history, any 555 will drop right in. Make sure that the package configuration (pin arrangement) is the same and you're good to go.

You need a 22uF electrolytic cap with an appropriate voltage rating. This circuit runs from 12V DC, IIRC the next standard voltage is either 16c or 21v which are both fine. You can go higher even. Everything else can safely be ignored. Im not sure why you are concerned with ripple current?

Thanks PeteNMA!!

When I was doing a comparison on Mouser I saw the ripple current terminology and I got hung up on it...

Thanks for your help... hopefully I can pull it off!

MT

Back