PVC Flooring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrone_mike

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere, couldn't seem to find it. I've been designing my brewery shed and have been stuck on flooring options. Originally I was going to go with ceramic tile, however moving around heavy equipment could prove detrimental if anything drops. I want the option of being able to hose down the floor if there are spills. Has anyone used the pvc tile before? It would seems like it would be the best option as long as it would stand up to being hosed down. I would have floor drains but not sure how it holds up to water, id assume quite well.

Thanks for the input.

If you are building the shed from the ground up, I'd recommend just doing a concrete slab and calling it good.

I use to work in flooring,
Personally I would agree with just concrete, however if you are wanting a more "finished look" pvc is also good as long as it is not the peel and stick tile or glue down, they now make pvc tile that has a locking pattern in it that is waterproof. All pvc flooring is highly water resistant l, however hosing down is going to be harder than standard water resistant.

Again I will say I would recommend just concrete for easy. You could even stain and seal it and still get a nice look

Concrete is low maintenance but will accumulate stains over time. Their are a lot of coatings for concrete that seal/protect the surface. You can add texturing to make it non slip when it's wet.

Yea I would definitely agree with concrete, and trust me it would be my desired option. However, we will not be staying at our home much longer, maybe two years and then wil renting the property. Therefore the shed will temporarily be on blocks until we move. My father in law, luckily a home builder, did this with his previous shed and moved it on a flatbed with no issues. So I wanted something temporary that would be decently water resistant. Again, I will only be hosing it down if necesary, no regularly (hopefully ha). Thanks again for the info guys, always appreciated!

Originally I was going to go with ceramic tile, however moving around heavy equipment could prove detrimental if anything drops.

Check this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=627678 - but it got a little more aggressive than expected.

An outdoor-grade, non-slip porcelain tile floor is close to indestructible and will outlast the shed. After I watched the video of the guy beating on the ceramic tile with a 5# sledge I was converted.

Also there is just something sexy about a checkerboard tile floor. And if you DIY and shop around, you can probably get porcelain tile for $1.50 sq ft plus another $1 or $2 per for mortar, etc., which puts it competitive against a lot of other floor coverings.

Now I just need 1,000 sq ft of tile for my garage . . .

(porcelain is a higher grade of ceramic)

Latest posts

Back