Putting in a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbush

Reaction score
My downstairs bar has a lower span of cabinets underneath, a top on those then a bar height counter on top of that.

My plan is to take out the cabinets and put in a kegerator, place a tap on the bar top and run lines to it. To fit into the bar area the new unit will have to be less then 25in wide to slide in and then under the bar. The space I need to work with being conservative is about 64 inch wide, depth 23-26in, and height about 38-40in. For this I have a couple ideas and would like your opinion

1. In the past I have done a chest freezer. I had a insulated pipe from a hole cut in the top that ran up to a tower on the bar. Lines had to be longer to allow me to pull unit out to change kegs. It worked but to find one with a small enough width to fit the size is too small.

2. http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft-beer/kegerators/commercial/Kegco-XCK-2460B.html

This would fit.

I am afraid of the noise the unit may produce and can not find a video that accurately lets me listen to it while running to see if the noise is just a fan running or something more. I see a lot of opinions that it really isnt that bad up to people wishing they never bought it!!

3. http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...r/Kegco_K309SS-3_Triple_Faucet_Kegerator.html

Another option is 2 of these together under the bar.

Less space, but this would remove the noise issue.

Any suggestions? Or does anyone have a video or a place I can find online where I can watch one in action and listen to it operating?

Thanks everyone

I have number two. Not very noisy even when it turns on. I love it except when needing to change lines. It's crowed in the tower. Use also will need some sort of way to cool tower and lines

If you can ... would you take a video of the unit so I can hear it when it is running? I assume you are referring to the 3 keg commercial unit XCK4660?

I would really appreciate seeing/hearing what it sounds like near it, with it open and when you walk away from it. Thanks so much

Back