Push fruit down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strantor

Reaction score
I made some blueberry wine last week from 15lbs of frozen blueberries. I pureed the blueberries in a food processor. Now all the blueberry solids are up at the top. A guy at LHBS said I might need to regularly push the solids down with a sanitized stick or something. Is this good advice? Should I be pushing these floater down?

I made some blueberry wine last week from 15lbs of frozen blueberries. I pureed the blueberries in a food processor. Now all the blueberry solids are up at the top. A guy at LHBS said I might need to regularly push the solids down with a sanitized stick or something. Is this good advice? Should I be pushing these floater down?

Generally, you'd stir the cap down a couple of times a day, for the first five days or so, then rack off of the fruit and airlock the carboy. But I never did it with berries from a blender, so you might have a hard time with racking off of that, unless you bagged the puree.

I stir my real fruit wines a couple times a day. Usually first thing in the morning and again before I go to bed.Just sanitize your stir paddle and you should be alright.

Latest posts

Back