Purging bottles with c02 / fighting oxidation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopbrad

Reaction score
my problem is only with my hoppy beers becoming oxidized pretty fast.

Would a beer gun be the best solution for this? My thoughts are to use a corny as the bottling bucket.
1 - Purge Corny with c02
2 - pour the priming solution in the corny.
3 - Siphon beer into corny
4 - purge corny again
4 - bottle with the gun, hitting the c02 purge first then pushing the beer with light c02 to push the beer out into the bottle.

I think this will at least be a step in the right direction vs just using the regular siphon/bottle fillers. I have no issues with my non hoppy beers becoming oxidized.

I cant carb up the beer in the kegs then use the bottling gun or CP filler as we do 50 gallons at a time and dont have 10 spare kegs/time/space for it or money for a 2bbl brite tank/glycol setup. (its a small budget nano setup).

All that said. blichmann beer gun, another product or a counterpressure filler? and anyone with experience bottle conditioning this way?

If you are looking for a better way to bottle condition that seems like a good solution as far as reduction of oxygen.

Latest posts

Back