Purchasing honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merhlyn

Reaction score
I everyone,

I am looking for a source for orange blossom and mesquite honey, I do have available locally wildflower and clover. I am surprised that I don't have any alfalfa as they grow and bale it all around me. Must never get to the flower stage I guess.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Michael

where are you located? If you have the availability of local, honey use it. I am using a mixture of buckwheat and alfalfa and it smells like sheep, however it taste good. I'm sure you can find a source on line but for a premium price, especially when you add in shipping.

I live in Manchester, Michigan. That is about 80 west of Detroit. I do have wildflower local but looking for some Mesquite and Orang Blossom honey.

Michael

Google for the honey locator first (sorry don't know how to link from phone)....

Then bee keeping clubs/associations local to you.....

If you don't mind shipping, the world and oysters come to mind. There's plenty of places within the US who'd sort you out.

Beefolks are across in Maryland as their website has some nice sounding stuff (damn I'd love to do a couple of gallons of killer bee traditional).......

I just got 5 gal of orange blossom from Dutch Gold. Great price! As for Fatblokes wish to try some killer bee traditional, I got the chance to try some that the people at the Beefolks had made. Yummmmm ! And the honey itself is good too, very bold flavor.

Lol, I spent most of the morning playing with the links and suggestions provided. Guess I should head home as I won't get any work done today........

Thanks everyone.

Michael

Great links - I have been meaning to start a mead and now I have no excuse not to. Thanks!

Back