Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Against All Authority still split up doing other projects? Haven't seen them since probably '05 or '06 when they were in Buffalo. Probably my favorite punk/ska show I ever went to.

I'm thinking of going to Punk Rock Bowling in LV this spring. They just posted dates and bands.

http://www.punkrockbowling.com/

Anyone ever been to it? Is this worth the trip?

I drifted in & out when I lived there. it was pretty cool then ('99-'01). although I had enemies I tried to avoid. I also avoided the Double Down Saloon for the same reasons, but I had a lot of friends that had a great time. there was a small bar called Money Plays down the street from the Gold Coast that had a great jukebox then and a decent selection on tap.

Avail
Shelter
All
Get up kids
Still life
Ink and dagger
The monarchid
Endpoint
Saves the day
Modest mouse
Action patrol

I've never been to PRB, but I'm going this year. We'll see how fun it'll be. I actually have never been to Vegas.

I'm not sure if Cash For Chaos is still open, but they used to be open on Maryland Parkway. since the Gold Coast ain't far from Arville Street and piss on the Rancho Mirage for me and all the Rogue Shire and United that used to hang.

I will be there. Got my tickets. Myself, my brother, and several delinquents that I went to high school with will be in attendance. Should be fun! I'm just trying to find a place to stay. I'm thinking downtown is the way to go. Walking (stumbling) distance to the hotel will seem like a really good idea at 2AM. :D

I will be there. Got my tickets. Myself, my brother, and several delinquents that I went to high school with will be in attendance. Should be fun! I'm just trying to find a place to stay. I'm thinking downtown is the way to go. Walking (stumbling) distance to the hotel will seem like a really good idea at 2AM. :D

don't short cut through any alleys and don't buy anything off anyone on the street. 1/2 of them are cops and the other half will get your money and their merchandise back.

Where'd this thread come from?

I'm not reading all if it because I genuinely don't care. I'm not surprised there's other old punks here aside from Billy Klubb.

I made two new videos. There's some punk rock and chiptunes as the soundtrack.

Part 1.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plkpbdTyJi0[/ame]

Part 2.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MaLOvMwoj0[/ame]

My wife and I were just watching videos of Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza's set at 2004 Hellfest in NJ. I was at that show (although not in the pit). Funny that so many people screamed and literally ran for the door when hell broke loose. And then the guy afterwards eating raw rotting meat....muppet.

Perhaps a little closer to metal (but this grindy stuff has always walked the line to me). But I had the DK original stuck in my head. Which got this awesome cover stuck in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not the tech knowledge to link videos from my phone, but vulnerability by operation ivy has always stuck with me. And newer school whoops I OD'd by nofx is a hauntingly beautiful song if you can relate. Anyone care to link them?

Lots of other good stuff by nofx. Skins may not care for them. How bout some The Queers. Good surf style punk.

Flogging Molly?
Dead milkmen?
Voodoo Glow Skulls?
Anti flag ? Not that we're straight edge here...

Hey all - just discovered this thread existed... an island of familiarity in a forum that can frankly seem like a bit of a good ol' boys club at times. Punk/hardcore aren't my "main" musical interests per se (I'm an industrial-y goth, really) but I'm also a vegan anarchist, so it's kinda inevitable that I have some appreciation for the punk classics, even though I'm frankly too young to actually remember bands like Crass or Conflict or the Dead Kennedys being active.

I have not the tech knowledge to link videos from my phone, but vulnerability by operation ivy has always stuck with me. And newer school whoops I OD'd by nofx is a hauntingly beautiful song if you can relate. Anyone care to link them?

Lots of other good stuff by nofx. Skins may not care for them. How bout some The Queers. Good surf style punk.

Flogging Molly?
Dead milkmen?
Voodoo Glow Skulls?
I never was a big fan of NOFX, but I did know a lot of skins in Vegas that were. geez! I haven't thought about Ant-Flag in about 15 years.

When I first moved to Pittsburgh in the late 90's Anti Flag was starting to make it pretty big. I started dating a girl who lived with Annie Flag (who was affiliated with the band somehow?) eh who knows, Pittsburgh punkers Aus Rotten were more my cup of tea anyway

(I'm an industrial-y goth, really) but I'm also a vegan anarchist

You'd be surprised how common "vegan anarchist rivethead" is. I know a few of em. Industrial is a lot like punk in that regard. Both attract a lot of both extreme left and extreme right.

When I first moved to Pittsburgh in the late 90's Anti Flag was starting to make it pretty big. I started dating a girl who lived with Annie Flag (who was affiliated with the band somehow?) eh who knows, Pittsburgh punkers Aus Rotten were more my cup of tea anyway

Aus-Rotten > Anti-Flag by a long shot. No question.

I actually have Behind Enemy Lines (Dave's later group) in my car CD player right now.

Guttermouth, Bakers Dozen, for a nightcap.

God - I love Guttermouth! Saw them in Quebec last year. They hadn't been there for a few years because Mark got them banned from Canada. Somehow I wasn't surprised by that.

Mark immediately proceeded to piss of the concert promoters and security by climbing on top of the stage roof. They cut them off early. They were still great.

Flogging Molly?
Dead milkmen?
Voodoo Glow Skulls?

I think you and I have similar tastes. I never cared for nofx until I saw them live. Now I'm a fan.

You'd be surprised how common "vegan anarchist rivethead" is. I know a few of em. Industrial is a lot like punk in that regard. Both attract a lot of both extreme left and extreme right.

It definitely does seem that way - do a certain degree I think it's just down to the fact that more quote-unquote "countercultural" spaces tend to fill up with people with less-than-mainstream beliefs. Industrial in particular does have a tendency to engage with fascism as a subject material, probably because the dark, mechanical, fetishistic aesthetic.

I'm thinking this beauty will be my next tattoo.

antifadarkwave_logo_02.png

God - I love Guttermouth! Saw them in Quebec last year. They hadn't been there for a few years because Mark got them banned from Canada. Somehow I wasn't surprised by that.

Mark immediately proceeded to piss of the concert promoters and security by climbing on top of the stage roof. They cut them off early. They were still great.

I think you and I have similar tastes. I never cared for nofx until I saw them live. Now I'm a fan.

Seen nofx live several times and anti flag twice. Never saw guttermouth. I'm a fan though. Flogging Molly twice. I'm of Irish descent so it fits.

I didn't read all hundred fifty plus pages of this thread, but how many punk musicians do we have here?

I'm a drummer. Influenced by mostly punk music as a teen. I've been playing since I was twelve. 31 now. Played in several garage bands. Recorded a couple albums in my younger years. Nothing you've heard of or can find.

Nowadays you'll find me listening to bluegrass more than punk but it never dies.

Not playing with anyone currently but putting out some feelers for a red dirt punk crossover project.

Really need to get back into it before I get to old and lose it. Drinking HB stout. Wait. What thread were we in?

I played a number of things years ago. Still have my old guitar but never play it any more. Have almost sold it for rent money on a few occasions (when the wife has spent extended periods on the dole, but she's always talked me out of it).

Almost played sax in a 3rd wave ska band as a teen. Should have taken em up on it. I was good.

I was one of 4 vocalists in a band in Vegas. I wasn't supposed to be in the band, but they all pissed me off by starting it up and trying to keep it a secret from me. I just kinda inserted myself. the big guy was pretty pissed since we had almost the same style. no one had the balls to tell me "no" though.

Butchers.jpg

What we NEED is a new Pennywise album. With Jim Linberg as the lead. Zoli was cool but Pennywise needs Jim.

They released one about a year ago called yesterdays. They took a bunch of old songs (when Jason was alive) and re-recorded them. They were never released except the song "Slow Down" which was only released on a compilation.

Seen nofx live several times and anti flag twice. Never saw guttermouth. I'm a fan though. Flogging Molly twice. I'm of Irish descent so it fits.

I didn't read all hundred fifty plus pages of this thread, but how many punk musicians do we have here?

I'm a drummer. Influenced by mostly punk music as a teen. I've been playing since I was twelve. 31 now. Played in several garage bands. Recorded a couple albums in my younger years. Nothing you've heard of or can find.

Nowadays you'll find me listening to bluegrass more than punk but it never dies.

Not playing with anyone currently but putting out some feelers for a red dirt punk crossover project.

Really need to get back into it before I get to old and lose it. Drinking HB stout. Wait. What thread were we in?

I do drums, bass and vocals and can fake my way through rhythm guitar (as far as punk is concerned). I toured for close to 5 years, released a few records on Wounded Records and played an average of 100-150 shows a year.

Touring was fun, but I'm glad I don't do it anymore.

I do drums, bass and vocals and can fake my way through rhythm guitar (as far as punk is concerned). I toured for close to 5 years, released a few records on Wounded Records and played an average of 100-150 shows a year.

Touring was fun, but I'm glad I don't do it anymore.

Sweet. What band?

Back