Pump head rotation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubrewer82

Reaction score
Hiya fellas. I just picked up this Mark II pump from proflow, and I'm wondering if any of the engineers in here see a problem with me rotating the pump head 90 degrees in order to have the outlet lie parralel to the surface I'm going to mount it on.

First post from my phone so sorry if there are any issues with the picture, but you should see what I'm asking from this angle.

View attachment 1496795288754.jpg

Engineer I am not, but Ii say the head would be fine if you rotate it. We all do it too!

Referencing the picture, you can rotate the pump head 90° counter-clockwise with likely little ill effect.

Otoh, rotating the head 90° clockwise will put a large volume inside the pump head above the outlet, which will trap more air, likely make priming a bit more difficult, and increase the possibility of cavitation...

Cheers!

I'm going to mount the pump on a vertical surface, so instead of rotating the pump head, I will actually be rotating the body of the pump. The head will be oriented the same way as it is in this picture. I was more concerned with any mechanical issues with rotating the head relative to the body. but it sounds like this isn't a concern. I didn't think it was, just wanted some clarification from people who have done this before I potentially eff up my brand new $100 pump.

Thanks for the input guys!!

Back