pump box wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldstyle69

Reaction score
so, this may be the dumbest question ever, but my electrical exp is in the negatives.

im upgrading my pump box. i have two chuggers, two spst switches, one gfci plug and one large box that has alot of room for more...

main question...is it possible to run all this to the gfci plug, then plug an ext cord in to it to delv power to the pumps, as well as use this plug for other small electric business...or do i have to have some sort of "power in" port.

my goal was to get rid of the cords and just have an ext cord that plugged in to the box, to give the pumps power.

What is a "gfci plug"?

If you actually mean a "gfci receptacle", I've never seen one that lets you change what powers the outlets - they're always connected to the LOAD side of the gfci circuit.

You could certainly wire your power input to the gfci LINE side wires, wire your two pump switches to the LOAD side wires, and have the duplex outlets be available for whatever else you need to plug in.

I suppose you could also wire your pumps to the spst switches and then to plugs and plug them into the gfci outlets, but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Any in any case, you're going to have that AC input feed to your box...

Cheers!

Are you asking if you can use a power-in receptacle instead of a cord coming from the box? Yes if so. Just make sure you avoid having exposed prongs for safety reasons.

701W-X2%5E02.jpg

and a PC power cord is what I used on my old 2x 120v rig. Worked great.

Latest posts

Back