Pubs in Cincinnati

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick500

Reaction score
I'll be in Cincinnati for a few days in a couple of weeks and should have some time to grab a pint or two at least once or twice. Any suggestions? More specifically, I'll be in Sharonville.

I've been to the Cock & Bull in Covington several times, so I'll probably head there again if I don't find anything else interesting. It's 20 miles away though; hoping to find something closer.

The only thing I found of interest in Sharonville is a BJ's Brewpub. Decent food, good beer.

Downtown in Cincy is Rock Bottom, but across the river near the Newport on the Levee ares is the Hofbrauhaus, and the Beer Sellar. The Hofbrauhaus is a German place, with good beer and a bierstube for dinner. The Beer Sellar has about 100 taps, like Stone and Rogue beers. Both are worth a visit.

Yeah, I've been to a few BJ's Brewpubs in Kentucky and California. Looking more for a smaller pub type place. I'll probably end up back at Cock & Bull. :)

I've been to Rock Bottom in a couple of airports and loved their Itasca IPA...also had the best fish and chips ever, there (on a layover on the way to London, no less). Breaded salmon fillets...awesome.

The Beer Sellar does sound interesting. Might check that out.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there's a glaring hole in the microbrew scene in Cincinnati. It's getting better though.

Until it does, go to Hofbrauhaus.

Yeah there used to be the BarrelHouse downtown which was great but I think that is gone now. I haven't live in Cinci for 7 years. Nicholsons was a decent pub - not sure if that is still there.

I agree that hofbrau is probably your best bet.

Bah... my vehicle had mechanical issues and I ended up eating at the hotel restaurant for the whole stay. They did have at least a respectable beer selection, though.

Latest posts

Back