PSI adjustment for cold CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedBeardedBrewer

Reaction score
I keep my co2 cylinder in my keezer because it is in my kitchen and I don't want an unsightly thing out in the open. Theoretically it seems like I would need to adjust the PSI. What would 11 psi (if cylinder is at room temp) look like in the 38f keezer? There's probly some gas law out there that I have forgotten from chemistry...

It'll look like 11 psi - if your regulator is working properly.

While the vapor pressure in the tank will change dramatically with temperature, the whole job of the regulator is to take that out of the equation wrt keg pressure...

Cheers!

You may notice that the diaphragm is slower to respond to adjustments at colder temps, causing a little lag. For instance, if the pressure is at 9 psi, and you turn it up until the gauge reads 12 psi, you might come back 5 min later and find it at 13 or 14 psi. When keeping it cold it's usually a good idea to double check your pressure a few minutes after any adjustments.

Latest posts

Back