ProvOak Hop Pellets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some too and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I've been enjoying a barrel aged Schwarzbier lately. I'm thinking of making one and dry hopping it with these. Just not sure the oak will come through.

Yes, I've seen them. TheMaltMiller in UK has had them for a few months and I too want to brew with these. I'm thinking anything dark, slightly more robust and hoppy. Maybe a Cascadian / Black IPA, Porter, Stout.

I made a 4 gal. Schwarzbier and dry hopped for 1 week with .75 oz. It came out sooooo good! Not overwhelming, but just enough to add some complexity. Not bitter and a slight oakiness. Next time, I might bump it up to a full ounce.

I've ordered 100 gr ( 3.5 oz ) ProvOak US style from TheMaltMiller for my upcoming (small) Milk Stout. I will use them in the whirlpool. When ready to sample, I will post some thoughts here.

Latest posts

Back