Proud of my Lemon-aid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheyneco

Reaction score
Tasted as good as it looks! Followed the skeeterpee recipe for 7 gallons. 5 gallons regular, 1 gallon green tea lemonade, and one gallon blueberry lemonade.

Pictured is green tea lemonade in a corona bottle with a lemon wedge. Best drink I've made yet by far.

(sorry uploaded from phone and it flipped the image for some reason)

20140526_174828.jpg

20140510_150437.jpg

Look delicious! How you get the labels off so cleanly?

Hydrochloric Acid, fill bottles with water and let soak in a cup full of the acid over night. Comes right off. I've heard star-san will do the same, I'm going to try that next.

wow! can you please post the link to the reciepe

The recipe is the skeeter pee recipe, except I messed up and only made it about 6% ABV. I've made it at the recommended 9% since posting this...and the lower ABV is so much more refreshing and crisp.

For a 5 gallon recipe, I recommend a starting gravity around 1.045, ferment down to .998, backsweeten with 7 cups of table sugar and lightly bottle carb. You can pasteurize after that...but I just toss them in the fridge and they're gone in no time. Don't forget the fresh lemon wedge! I honestly can't make this stuff fast enough. :tank:

Back