Proud dad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-love

Reaction score
My 1.5 year old just said beer for the first time. So proud! :) He just recently started repeating things we say, so I was super shocked. I was looking at a NB catalog and he walked over to see what it was. I asked him if he could say beer and without hesitation he said it clear as day!

Prett cool for me. Thought I'd throw it out there to some people who won't think I'm a bad parent because one of his first words was beer! :p

Hey- no problem with the tyke taking a sip (only a sip! :) ) I remember having a chug off my dad's Mickey's grenade at about 4 yrs.

My almost-2 year old loves to talk about the bubbles in the airlock. She also points to the carboy and says "Daddy's beer!"

The hilarious thing is when I allow my 5-year old to sip one of my beers. She brings her mouth to the foam, and when her lips are barely wet she pulls back screaming. Yuck!

As yucky as beer is to her, she knows a hell of a lot more about brewing than the average 5-year old.

Hahaha- my 14 month old grandson was raising his sippy cup and saying "Cheers" a couple of months ago. He can now say "grandma" and "beer" but grandma sounds like "gooma" so he says "gooma bier" when he sees me. My daughter isn't too thrilled though.

Tomorrow we're racking an American brown onto dry hops and washing yeast, since I have him every Wednesday. :p

Hahaha- my 14 month old grandson was raising his sippy cup and saying "Cheers" a couple of months ago. He can now say "grandma" and "beer" but grandma sounds like "gooma" so he says "gooma bier" when he sees me. My daughter isn't too thrilled though.

Tomorrow we're racking an American brown onto dry hops and washing yeast, since I have him every Wednesday. :p
My oldest sister got remarried a few years back and her husband had two boys already, who were very into star wars. She bought a **** ton of star wars toys for that christmas and has been star wars grandma ever since.

Hey- no problem with the tyke taking a sip (only a sip! :) ) I remember having a chug off my dad's Mickey's grenade at about 4 yrs.

Be careful! My Mom gave my younger sister a sip of coffee figuring she would have the same reaction I did. (I still hate coffee) She had to pry the cup back out of my sister's hands!

I remember Mickey's. Do they still make that?

Great post g-love! There is definitely a humorous tension in raising kids and making beer. My two boys who are 3 and 5 were playing in the back yard last week and I happened to overhear their conversation through an open window. They were pretending to make beer. The 5 year old was stirring the boil when he told the 3 year old that it was time to add the hops!

My niece has always called me Dunkel Bip. Supposed to be Uncle Jim. Of course everyone loved it so much that they encouraged her to repeat it, so now it's stuck. She's a little stinker too. So sassy.

Latest posts

Back