Proper (belated) intro with photos...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZGirl

Reaction score
I always do things arseyboo... anyhow...

My name is Tracey and I live in New Zealand. I'm 36. This is my first attempt at home brew.

Here are some pics:

Primary One: This is the fourth day this has been fermenting.

Primary1.JPG

I was thinking of storing my bottles in the bottom of the closet for conditioning:

Primary1Closet.JPG

Primary Two: I started this one yesterday. Here it has it's cover on to protect from sunlight.

Primary2wCover.JPG

Here it is with the cover off: Just noticed it looks like the lid is not on straight so I went and checked and it's fine. I'm keeping an eye on the temperature.

Primary2.JPG

It looks like I can see you had a good krausen and will have excellent beer. Welcome to HBT.:mug:

Welcome! It's a wonderful hobby. Only problem... homebrewing is a demanding mistress. I don't have time or money for any of the things I used to enjoy (skiing, hiking, exercise in general) so now all I do is sit at home, brew and drink.

But I love it!!

Thanks, its a reference to the American version of "The Office."

"Lord, beer me strength..."

We used to have birds. My mother has a Timneh African Grey that will probably become mine after she passes... not being morbid but those birds live a long, long time! He's only 10 now so if he lives to 60 I'll be taking care of him for some time.

Does your bird talk? The Grey doesn't talk too much but he loves imitating sounds. We used to have a Quaker that would 'speak' like the dog on command. He learned it from watching the dog get treats! The grey learned to meow like the cat because he watched the cat get attention when she meowed in the morning.

Thanks, its a reference to the American version of "The Office."

"Lord, beer me strength..."

We used to have birds. My mother has a Timneh African Grey that will probably become mine after she passes... not being morbid but those birds live a long, long time! He's only 10 now so if he lives to 60 I'll be taking care of him for some time.

Does your bird talk? The Grey doesn't talk too much but he loves imitating sounds. We used to have a Quaker that would 'speak' like the dog on command. He learned it from watching the dog get treats! The grey learned to meow like the cat because he watched the cat get attention when she meowed in the morning.

lol cute! Yes, Jaden talks, and he shares a cage with a male and a female cockatiel... the male cockatiel talks too... here's a link if you can manage to sit through it, lol... it's only five minutes long but it's very cute... at about three and a half minutes through it has a very cute part where Jaden feeds the male cockatiel. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Bdus7tPgA]YouTube - Alexandrine Feeds Cockatiel[/ame]

(Sorry for going way off topic...)

So where are the pics of you Tracey? :D haha, just kiding...

What kind of beer are you brewing?

North Island or South? I really want to go to NZ someday...

haha, the pics of me are in the bottom of my wardrobe where they belong!

As this is my first time brewing and because I bought a Coopers Micro-Brew kit, I have a Coopers Lager in one primary and a Coopers Draught in the other. I will become more experimental as my courage and experience develops :)

I'm in the very northern-most tip of the North Island - a place called Kaitaia - beaches in every direction. :D

Are those fermenters "Coopers?" We don't have those style in the states. And are they both the same size? The one in the closet looks shorter and squatter than the other one. How many gallons are each of them?

(Tries hard not to contemplate too much any bottom wardrobe pictures.) :D

Are those fermenters "Coopers?" We don't have those style in the states. And are they both the same size? The one in the closet looks shorter and squatter than the other one. How many gallons are each of them?

(Tries hard not to contemplate too much any bottom wardrobe pictures.) :D

haha, you twit...

The one in the wardrobe is from the Coopers kit, holds 30 litres total, so lots of headspace for a 23 litre brew.

The one on the bench is taller and thinner, you're right, that one I got from my local paint shop (I discovered yesterday that they stock a few home brew supplies). That one also holds 30 liters total.

Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!!

Cheers
JJ

Did I say welcome?
If not Welcome!!!!:mug:

Psssst: I have been drinking:D

Perfect is doing all that and fishing!

haha, and now to spoil it all... I'm vegetarian... I don't eat anything that has/had a face! I couldn't stand to torture a poor wee fish and then eat it...

My best friend loves fishing though and she has a motorbike, want me to hook you up? lol

Not to rip you away from this forum but if you're looking for a little more local brew-related chat check out RealBeer.co.nz.

Welcome to the world of brewing, looks like the bike bug has bitten already, wait 'til this one gets ya :)

Welcome!

How could pictures of primaries be boring? Pics of other people's fermenters are like candy to us airlock-sniffing types.

Nice fermenter (with that easy access for cleaning through the wide lide), and nice bike. I'd like to hear what it sounds like.

I will assume that's a nice parrot because I know next-to-nothing about them. I notice s/he does have the traditional number of eyes, wings, exactly one beak, etc so it passes my layman's inspection. I have no suspicions that you took a hamster and glued feathers and a cardboard beak to it in some nefarious attempt to pass him/her off as a bird. That kind of thing just doesn't enter my mind.

Anyhow, welcome to HBT. We do have a healthy component of folks from NZ and Oz here.

haha, and now to spoil it all... I'm vegetarian... I don't eat anything that has/had a face! I couldn't stand to torture a poor wee fish and then eat it...

My best friend loves fishing though and she has a motorbike, want me to hook you up? lol

Me! Me!! Hmmmm, NZ might be a bit far to travel for a date. I must be getting desperate.

Welcome, BTW!

lol you guys are a great bunch, makes me feel very welcome... thank you :D

Back