Propane Regulator = no gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickeldeposit

Reaction score
So I built a single tier stand and hooked up the gas and nothing. I can hold the end of the gas line from the reg kit (Banjo 30 PSI Propane Regulator) in my hand and turn the gas on and nothing will come out and the tank has gas in it, any ideas?

Unhook from the tank. Then rehook to the tank. Open the valve very slow. There is a flow prevention device that closes on high flow. Let me know if it helps.

Unhook from the tank. Then rehook to the tank. Open the valve very slow. There is a flow prevention device that closes on high flow. Let me know if it helps.

What he said and you can try to bang the bottom of the tank on the ground to see it the safety switch in the tank is blocking the flow.

Both of the above, and if an older regulator left out side.. find the vent... and provide some suction, and pressure to it.. I'll leave it to your imagination on how, or who should perform said operation.
The valve inside the regulator can get a little sticky.. some times move the valve from the vent (atmospheric pressure side) can help.

Make sure the valve on the supply line is closed and the one on the tank is close. Open the one on the tank first then the one on the supply line. Also try the above suggestions.

Latest posts

Back