Propane fittings and valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
I'm at the point in my brew rig build where I need to run the tubing for propane, but have no idea where to start, whst do I need and where can I get it. I'm in Canada so if anyone know a Canadian supplier that would be great, if not, no worries I'll get it from U.S.

What exactly do you wish to do? I live in an igloo in Canada and have brewed since 1971 so perhaps I can assist you!
So it's a single tier brew rig, gonna have 2 burners, basically I want to have one connection to the tank and then be able to control each burner individually. Nothing fancy, just a simple straight forward setup

Typical solution is to put a high-flow adjustable regulator on the tank, needle valves on the burners, shutoff valves in between, then plumb them all together.
Do you know what gas pressure your burners are rated to use?

Cheers!

I put in a high flow rate, low-pressure regulator on the propane tank with a flexible appliance supply line to the black iron pipe maniford on the brew stand. A few brass adaptor fittings mate up to a 12" flexible appliance supply line to each burner with a valve from homebrewfstuff (I think) It looks a lot like this https://home-brew-stuff.myshopify.com/products/cpg241 . The BIP and associated fittings I picked up at Home Depot/Rona. The rest I got through AMAZON as the selection was so much better.

I went low pressure because my plan is to automate my HLT shortly.

Back