Propane Fitting Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidingDonkeys

Reaction score
I need a hand with some propane fittings. I just ordered a Northern Brewer Center of Gravity system as a space saving all grain system for my tiny place in Russia. I'm stationed here for the next year and couldn't bring my big all grain system with me. This offered me a chance to keep brewing while abroad.

The problem is that is that Russia uses a different regulator fitting than the US uses. So my kit showed up for US spec, and I need to convert it to Russian sizes. This should be easy peasy, but I'm in Russia, and nothing is easy here.

Oh, and I can rebuild a 1967 Triumph 650 from memory, but I don't know **** about propane fitting sizes. So that being said, here's what I've got. The US spec is on the left, the Russian regulator is on the right. I need to come out of the tree and connect into the Russian regulator.

bbfd8f960eab4f78ebda5366e780e422.jpg

Here's the outer diameter of the fitting into the splitter.
9cce1d99e5aaf203ea641325397a3fe8.jpg

Here's the inner diameter of the splitter.
8e282f9b05477aa9e20813dc11c8d29e.jpg

Here's the outer diameter of the Russian regulator.
60bf30064ac514556d8c168b68cc5ce7.jpg

Does anyone know what the proper terms for the fittings I need are? I've been to every propane place I can find in Moscow, and they're of no use. So I'm relegated to ordering online, and I can't seem to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back