Propane Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have one but it's all steel and cast iron. The burner is slowly rusting away. The flame is half yellow/half blow, well sort of. My burner is outside all the time and that's why the weather is slowly deteriorating it. So I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions that won't break my piggy bank? Or one that will last a lifetime?

If it lives outside it won't last a lifetime, just the nature of iron. I used Bayou Classic burners when I ran propane, worked great for years...still do whenever I fire it up to do a decoction.

I use bayou classic BG10 burners and I painted them with 1200 degree paint from the auto parts store, they still got rusty but not like my last burner.

You could buy new ones and paint them first. The replacement burners are cheap online, like 10-15 bucks.

Or you could try hitting it with a wire brush to clean it up. The holes probably are just clogged with rust debris. Get your drill bits out and find which one fits the best and clean up all the burner ports. Might work, costs nothing but 20 minutes, and could save you a little money.

Or you could try hitting it with a wire brush to clean it up. The holes probably are just clogged with rust debris. Get your drill bits out and find which one fits the best and clean up all the burner ports. Might work, costs nothing but 20 minutes, and could save you a little money.

I have to clean mine every couple months. I have a bead blasting cabinet but a wire brush would work too.

Latest posts

Back