Problems with an American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emerson Pereira

Cervejaria Forasteiros
Reaction score
A bottle of American Pale Ale and I found it.
Your search has been deposited by her. The APU has an IBU of 30 - 45 but it was a very soft beer, hardly felt the bitterness. I went up to American standards and also to the APA of 4.5% - 6.2% But I'm that even a little weak with alcohol, nor did I feel the effect of it. I like to taste some alcohol, stronger in taste and alcohol than she.
What was the problem with that beer?

a friend of mine gave me this beer, so I want to know more about what he can change.

Last edited:
Good luck finding pale. Go make your own style of pale ale..if you brew some beer and find you want it strong next brew add more dme,lme sugar or grain

Good luck finding pale. Go make your own style of pale ale..if you brew some beer and find you want it strong next brew add more dme,lme sugar or grain

Thank you, a friend of mine gave me this beer, so I want to know more about what he can change. Thank you very much

You make the change with and grow together in the hobby

Absolutely. I always support him with this beer subject, even though I do not know much, so I've tried to help here with you.
Oh, sorry the English kind of weird, I'm Brazilian and I'm not very good writing in English hahah

Back