Anyone else seeing these Equinox gym ads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
On the sidebar? I really dont know what a gym is doing with American Apparel type imagery. Its almost as head-scratchingly confusing as Abercrombie and Fitch ads (in which a company that sells clothing often has ads featuring nude... aka clothing-less... models).

Are they implying that if a lady works out at an Equinox gym that she will have long and implicitly naked legs in high heels like the woman in the one ad? Perhaps if I work out there I will wear a d'bag white shirt and film a sex tape with a brunette as is implied in the other ad. The final ad that really makes my brain hurt is the one titled "Domination". If I work out at your gym, Equinox, will a model force me to pose nude kneeling while a model with a riding crop sits on my back? It takes mere moments of rational thought to realize that that isnt exactly appealing.

Sorry, Equinox... I think Im going to just keep my beer belly and stay home where it is safe.

The only ads I ever get in the sidebar are the tiny square ones for homebrewing supplies. Maybe I'm not looking at the right pages or something?

Update, today the Equinox ad is "Dexterity" where a woman in a short dress and aggressive heels takes a billiards shot whilst kneeling prone on a pool table.

I like a nice patoot as much as the next guy... probably exponentially more... and yet I think the ad is dumb. What does this have to do with me working out? Also... its an illegal shot since one of her feet is not on the ground.

all I get for adds on Facebook is dating sites and my spam email is just dating sites and boner pills or "enhancement" pills

Google Equinox, go to their site, or think to yourself 'I should start working out', and you'll probably start seeing their ads popup everywhere. Remember, Big Brother is watching. You can't escape American Marketing. They're already inside your brain.

I dont work out or eat "right" nor have I made a new year's resolution... so I dont get it.

Well, I'm guessing you picked up a cookie on your PC from somewhere. Were you googling about the vernal equinox?

I get ads for www.fauxbeams.com all the time. They are fake plastic ceiling beams. I couldn't figure out why they were targeting me. Then I remembered that I was trying to figure out a way to redo my basement ceiling and I googled for some ideas. That's all it took.

Well, I'm guessing you picked up a cookie on your PC from somewhere. Were you googling about...

I keep getting "should gay marriage be legal" adds...so, awesome

My local state rep made some comments on the subject that caused a stir, so I followed the highly-intelligent comment stream that's followed. And now am getting these ads. Awesome.

As an experiment I went and Googled Equinox Gym. Waited a few hours and look what popped up on Reddit. Scary huh?

I agree - weird ads for a Gym.

xxx.JPG

all I get for adds on Facebook is dating sites and my spam email is just dating sites and boner pills or "enhancement" pills

Don't by them! I'm not any stronger nor can I grow a fuller beard or build furniture by hand.

On the sidebar? I really dont know what a gym is doing with American Apparel type imagery. Its almost as head-scratchingly confusing as Abercrombie and Fitch ads (in which a company that sells clothing often has ads featuring nude... aka clothing-less... models).

Are they implying that if a lady works out at an Equinox gym that she will have long and implicitly naked legs in high heels like the woman in the one ad? Perhaps if I work out there I will wear a d'bag white shirt and film a sex tape with a brunette as is implied in the other ad. The final ad that really makes my brain hurt is the one titled "Domination". If I work out at your gym, Equinox, will a model force me to pose nude kneeling while a model with a riding crop sits on my back? It takes mere moments of rational thought to realize that that isnt exactly appealing.

Sorry, Equinox... I think Im going to just keep my beer belly and stay home where it is safe.

I don't get those ads, but I've been getting a LOT of ads about my arrest records & how I can hide them from the online public, for a fee of course. Interesting since I've never been arrested. :drunk:
Regards, GF.

Meh. I get a lot of "Plants vs Zombies" plushie ads from Amazon. Because I looked these up for my kids' Easter baskets.

Arround Christmastime, I got swamped with ads for North Face jackets. Because I had done some online shopping for one for my wife's gift.

I don't get those ads, but I've been getting a LOT of ads about my arrest records & how I can hide them from the online public, for a fee of course. :drunk:
Regards, GF.

I must be the most boring person on the planet. I had a moving violation ticket once or twice, but never been arrested. When Im background checked for a job it goes through in record time.

Holy s**t!!! $156-188 per MONTH?? Jeez, does that include [insert inappropriate bawdy joke here]?

Cripes, for $50 at the YMCA, I get access to a dozen local facilities, free exercise classes, an Olympic pool, access to nationwide facilities, fun stuff for kids, etc.

Clearly they're selling more than just access to exercise equipment.

I'm really enjoying the ads, probably more than anyone else here. Someone asked about online dating and now I am bombarded with online dating sites. Not interested, but I actually understand what they are selling. Stuart Weitzman now has an ad where a model is wearing only a pair of their shoes lying on her stomach. Whether or not you think having a nude model is appropriate, at least I know what they are trying to get me to buy. Shoes! If she was wearing clothes but was barefoot, I wouldnt get it. It would be right up there with the nude models selling Abercrombie clothes. 1) I cant see the clothes they want to sell me and 2) if you are saying "our clothes will cover this model up nicely"... then back off... I'm perfectly happy with the model being nude. So is she... see, she's smiling. Leave her alone.

I have some homebrew ads now... I feel vindicated that I am not spending too much time outside the technical forums.

Another ad is telling me not to minister alone. Thats a head scratcher for me, but if I were studying to be a minister I would probably know what they mean, so thats effective.

Back