Pro Brewer from Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saying hello from Akron OH and Hoppin Frog Brewing Co. If you havent heard of us yet I bet you soon will. We took GOLD at GABF this year with our "BORIS THE CRUSHER Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout" in the Imperial Stout category. I look forward to meeting others who have a passion for great beer!

Slainte!

Joe
Hoppin Frog

BORIS is the booooooooooooooooooooooooomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin:

That's one hell of a beer. I've only had a couple of your beers but I've always loved them. If anyone out there likes a big russian check out BORIS.

Thanks for a great beer Joe and welcome to the forum. :mug:

Welcome to HBT Joe and congrats on your Gold medal at the GABF :mug:. I'll definitely be looking at my bottle shop for your Imperial Stout.

Wow, hell of a welcome guys, wasnt expecting that! Many thanks to you all. I'm glad to hear some of you guys like the beers.

As for the fellow in TX I'm sorry but we arent distributing there yet.

Thanks again guys!

Any idea where at in cbus you can pick up your beers?
I would definitely like to try them, but I have no idea when I would be in Akron again...

great to see another person in akron on here i have not had your beer yet but i am sure i will be making a trip over there to get sum do you do tours of your brewery i would love do one no matter how many i go on its still amazing like a kid on christmas

Welcome to HBT.
Although I have a hard time picking just one beer, I would most likely say BORIS is my favorite. The other beers from Hoppin Frog arn't half bad either :D

Just curious, do you do small experimental batches on a home brew type system or do you work mostly on the industrial equipment?

Craig

I just recently had BORIS for the first time, and really enjoyed it. In Cincinnati, their beers are available at Jungle Jim's.

Congrats on the award. I'll be picking up some of your other ones on my next trip there. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hello! Welcome to the board! I am a fan of Hopping Frog beers, and they sell them in multiple locations in the west side of Cleveland area. Heinen's stocks some of them from time to time. I have not had BORIS, but do like the IPA..

Welcome to HBT.
Although I have a hard time picking just one beer, I would most likely say BORIS is my favorite. The other beers from Hoppin Frog arn't half bad either :D

Just curious, do you do small experimental batches on a home brew type system or do you work mostly on the industrial equipment?

Craig

First, I noticed that youre from Cleveland yet you fly those puke colors? Interesting ;)

All current and most future recipes were/will be brewed on a home system first. We currently have 9 offerings and I'm currently working on some new additions to the family in the garage. Fred the owner/brewmaster also has some new ideas up his sleeve. So look forward to some cool new brews comin outa Akron here soon!

First, I noticed that youre from Cleveland yet you fly those Steeler colors? Interesting ;)

All current and most future recipes were/will be brewed on a home system first. We currently have 9 offerings and I'm currently working on some new additions to the family in the garage. Fred the owner/brewmaster also has some new ideas up his sleeve. So look forward to some cool new brews comin outa Akron here soon!

Lifelong Steeler fan here, home city doesn't have much to do with it.

I'm looking forward to see more of your creations. I pick some up next time I see one.

Craig

Back