Priming W/ Maple Syrup In The Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCasey1992

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I promised my uncle I'd make him a maple beer with some syrup he was gifted. Unfortunately, with the limited amount of success stories I've found on using maple syrup, I'm starting to regret making this commitment.

Anyway, in an attempt to get the flavor I'm looking for, I'm planning on priming with maple syrup in the keg. I found a calculator that suggests I use about four ounces to get the carbonation I am looking for. However, this is for bottles and I know that for whatever reason, kegs require less. How much syrup should I use for about 2.1 volumes of co2 in a 5 gallon corny keg? Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Casey

Never mind, through further research, I have come to the conclusion that the above method won't accomplish my goal. The problem is I want maple flavor without an overly strong or dry beer. I'm thinking 8% abv at the most and want a fair amount of body. It's looking like I may need to just brew a big beer for the winter but I'm open to other suggestions. Maybe I can backsweeten and just keep cold at all time to prevent fermentation.

Back