Priming calculator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtd6628

Reaction score
Bottling an American stout today. I have found online the desired co2 for this style it 2.0-2.4 volumes of co2, I’m going to split the difference and aim for 2.2. The beer fermented for 3 weeks at 72 degrees but this last week it has been sitting at 61 degrees and on bottling day it is currently 61 degrees. So in the calculation do I use the 72 at which the beer fermented at of the 61 it is on bottling day? I use northern brewer priming calculator if anyone else has a calculator they like better let me know. Thanks!

Use the highest temp the beer has been at since fermentation completed, so 72F in your case. That determines the largest amount of CO2 that's still dissolved in the beer. The higher the temps, the less CO2 the beer can hold.

I often use Brewer's Friend's calcs:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/
But any calculator should provide the same amount of priming sugar to be used. ;)

Back