prickly pear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out jack Kellers page he has a recipe up there I've used it as an ingredient in some if my wines but never made strait prickly pear wine I want. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've got 6 gallons in a carboy right now.
It fermented out pretty dry and has great flavor. I'm thinking about stabilizing and backsweetening at the end of the month so that I can bottle it for Christmas gifts. If you check under the recipes tab at the top of the page, there is a tab for wine recipes. I used the prickly pear recipe that Snowgirl posted almost exactly. I didn't add raisins, I used grape juice concentrate, and I only used table sugar. I'm thinking about using agave for the backsweetening but haven't decided yet.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer said:
Anybody here made any and if so did it turn out well> recipies?? Thanks Mike

Made some a couple years ago and it turned out good . I liked it very much. Going to make another run in a couple weeks.

Do you have to use actual fruit or juice? I've got a gallon of prickly pear syrup left over from my wedding reception that I need to find a use for.

Does it have any preservatives in it. If your not sure list them on here. Preservatives will stop it from fermenting. If it has none, then you can go for it.

Latest posts

Back