price drop on ball lock cornys in olympia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YNOT2K

Reaction score
i see this dude advertising on CL all the time, offered him $50/ea for 10 ball lock cornys a while back (he was asking $60/ea at that time) and he said no.

now he's at $50/ea

since then i have acquired a dozen or so through different sources, mostly CL. i don't need any more right now.

if you need 'em and you're local it seems like a decent price.

i'm not the dude selling them. i'm some other dude.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/for/4363166612.html

I got mine for $30 a piece from that guy. His prices go up and down with the weather. $40 is pretty much the "normal" price for him.
BTW, check the kegs before you buy... one was so badly damaged it couldn't be used (the top was dented, but hidden under the rubber handle so the lid won't seal).

The Beer Essentials was selling them for $45/ea just a few months ago - with new o-rings.

I bought four cornies from this guy last summer, for $40 each. There was no damage (other than normal wear & tear) and he proved all held pressure. However, one of them had a mis-sized post. Both the inlet and outlet posts were the same size, so the normal ball lock connectors would not fit on one of them (can't remember which of the two is slightly bigger, but you get the point). Haven't had a need yet to use the fourth keg, so haven't resolved the situation ... but will likely just use two of the same color connectors and distinguish them in another fashion.

I bought four cornies from this guy last summer, for $40 each. There was no damage (other than normal wear & tear) and he proved all held pressure. However, one of them had a mis-sized post. Both the inlet and outlet posts were the same size, so the normal ball lock connectors would not fit on one of them (can't remember which of the two is slightly bigger, but you get the point). Haven't had a need yet to use the fourth keg, so haven't resolved the situation ... but will likely just use two of the same color connectors and distinguish them in another fashion.
Yeah, he charges them with air to prove they hold pressure and are good. That can be quite deceiving if that's all you're looking at.
Now I tell anybody looking at corny's to depressurize them, remove the lid and look at the shape of the opening. If they are bent or warped at all. pick another. Even a mangled one will hold pressure if you try hard enough. Mine was literally 3/8 of an inch out of plane with the lid, but it was holding pressure when I picked it up.
Not to say that guy was deceitful... this could be true with anybody selling a corny.

Back