Pressurized 5 gallon Roto-keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewski08

Reaction score
i came across a pressurized 5 gallon root-keg for $15...anybody have any experience with these?

the only thing i could find on them on this site wasn't very helpful, and i'm trying to figure out if this purchase is worth it.

Can you post a picture? By root, you mean root beer? I've never heard of "root-keg" as a subset of kegs, I would think it would be a standard soda keg, in which case, definitely go for it for $15.00.

How is it different than a standard corny keg or other soda kegs?

Can you post a picture? By root, you mean root beer? I've never heard of "root-keg" as a subset of kegs, I would think it would be a standard soda keg, in which case, definitely go for it for $15.00.

How is it different than a standard corny keg or other soda kegs?

i apologize Topher, there was a type. i meant to spell ROTO-keg.

here is a picture of one:

king-keg-homebrew-barrel-t1.jpeg

It looks like if that spigot has a diptube to the bottom you can pressurize from the top. Can you find the manufacturer's max PSI recommendation? I bet it could hold 12 psi but I don't know if you could boost carb with it.

These things are pretty common in the UK. You can bulk prime in it and then use small CO2 cartridges to pressurize and serve. I want to say they go for about $40-50 over there...

Cheers!

I recently received one of these... my main question is, is there any good place online/in the US to purchase replacement parts for one of these?

Additionally, I'm looking for alternate ways of carbonating/hooking up CO2 to it. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back