Pressure gage, valve question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slnies

Reaction score
So, her it is. I was tramping around the hardware store the other day and I came across a pressure gage air valve for adjusting air pressure to air tools at the tool. Would this work for a secondary regulator on a keg set up? Be honest. I am just curious. S.

if you are talking the cheap plastic ones, your taking your chances. they frequently break and are really designed for higher tool pressures. they probably wont maintain a lower pressure correctly. but mainly they break.
The one I was looking at was a all brass with 1/4" inlet and outlet. It is made by Husky. I hope this helps.
But to get back to your answer, you think it would have issues holding lower pressures. That is good to know.

The only reason I posted this was because, well the unit is compact, at about half the size of a regular regulator. A substantial space savings, and it had a small knob to turn, as opposed to a screw to just pressure, on the fly. The final reason, it is only $16.00, not that matters much, but every cent seems to count for more these days. S. Thanks beerthirty.

I have never seen the small brass ones. maybe husky has upgraded due to the problems with the plastic ones. It might work well. the plastic ones had a lock collar on the knob that when forced, instead of unlocked first, would cause the regulator to come apart. if you decide to try one, please post your results I would be interested in knowing if low pressure setting fluctuate much.

Back