Pressure drop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str1p3s

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm still on my first co2 tank. I have my 10th and 11th corny hooked up to it with one regulator and a tee fitting on the gas line. I came out today to find that the pressure was at 0. The high pressure guage is still above the red. I turned the screw on the regulator and put the pressure back at 12psi and it has held for the last 10 minutes or so. Does this mean it's almost empty? Even so, it doesnt make much sense to me that it would drop to 0 without a leak and if there was a leak it would all be gone and I couldn't set it back to 12psi. Any ideas?

If the high pressure gauge isn't broken, then you are not out of CO2. The high pressure gauge does not tell you how much CO2 you have, only if you have liquid CO2 in the tank or not. Once the pressure drops, you are out of liquid CO2, and you will run out very soon. The pressure loss on the low pressure gauge was caused by something other than lack of CO2.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back