Power Grinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasky7777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I am thinking of getting the MM 2.0 and I am considering powering it with an electric motor. Searching the internet, it looks like a lot of the cost effective options are gone. The best price I can find on a motor is $125 and a 10:1 gear reducer is running around $100 as well.
Has anyone ever bought or had experience with this https://powergrinder.org?

When I think about how long the mill actually runs, I think I can hand crank a lot of grain for $200. I am not a fan of the drill option as I am concerned about it damaging the drive shaft over time, but correct me if I am wrong. Or should I be ripping apart a garage door opener as my most cost effective option?

I use a drill. I have ground over 400 lbs, no issue so far. Just make sure it is really tight. If the shaft breaks, a new one for 100 is still cheaper than the motor solution

So I am thinking of getting the MM 2.0 and I am considering powering it with an electric motor. Searching the internet, it looks like a lot of the cost effective options are gone. The best price I can find on a motor is $125 and a 10:1 gear reducer is running around $100 as well.
Has anyone ever bought or had experience with this https://powergrinder.org?

When I think about how long the mill actually runs, I think I can hand crank a lot of grain for $200. I am not a fan of the drill option as I am concerned about it damaging the drive shaft over time, but correct me if I am wrong. Or should I be ripping apart a garage door opener as my most cost effective option?

I'm looking at the same combination (my MM 2.0 pro should be arriving today) and was hoping that someone might chime in on this motor as well.

Back