Post Carbonation Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elephantpunch

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been looking at posts on here for quite a while now, but I cant seem to find one about my question

I brewed an imperial blonde recipe from brewers best. After fermentation and carbonation I put a couple in the fridge for tasting. They turned out great! This was my first real brew ( i have done a couple of Mr. Beer things with HME).

My question is, now I have 40+ bottles of beer and I dont really have enough room for all of them in my fridge where would be an ideal place to store them. I dont want the bottles to explode from too much carbonation.

Can someone please lead me to a former post about this or just give me a straight answer? Thanks

:mug:

Somewhere cool and dark like a basement or closet. As long as you used the right amount of sugar for carbonation and the beer was finished when you transfered, you will not create bottle bombs.

Somewhere cool and dark like a basement or closet. As long as you used the right amount of sugar for carbonation and the beer was finished when you transfered, you will not create bottle bombs.

Thanks RoundKid, the amount of sugar should not be a problem.

I store my beers in the basement where it is not only cool but consistently so. Avoid temperature swings and everything should be fine.

Latest posts

Back