Possible to add more priming sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frettfreak

Reaction score
Ok so I brewed a smoked vanilla porter about 3 weeks ago. Bottled most of it but I am still new to brewing and wanted to try something. I left about 2 gallons out and racked that on to one more bean to try and get more vanilla flavor.

Problem is that there was already priming sugar used when I racked it.

Is it possible to add more priming sugar and bottle when I am ready or am I going to have to find someone with co2 and force carb?

You'll be fine just add more priming sugar when you go to bottle again. There should still be plenty of yeast to carb it up after your extra rest

Yeah the yeast will probably eat through the priming sugar that was in there pretty quick so you'll need to add some more when you bottle the extra 2 gallons. I would leave it for at least a week to make sure it ate through all the sugar.

Fantastic. Gonna leave that vanilla in at least a week and bottle. I have beersmith which has the carb calculator that I use. Thanks for all the help!

Back