Portland OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headcutter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Planning a trip to Portland. Looking for advice on the best places to drink local beers. Thanks!

The beermongers, baily's taproom, and belmont station would be my top 3 for variety sake. Green dragon stopped doing samplers, even though they have over 50 taps! Weak sauce.

Laurelwood, Lompoc Brewing Fifth Quadrant, Prost, Hair of the Dog, Migration Brewing, Amnesia Brewing, Cascade Brewing Barrel House, Bridgeport Brewing, Widmer Gasthaus, Breakside Brewery, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Fire on the Mountain, Alameda Brewhouse to name a few. Portland is beer drinkers Nirvana! Enjoy!

Laurelwood, Lompoc Brewing Fifth Quadrant, Prost, Hair of the Dog, Migration Brewing, Amnesia Brewing, Cascade Brewing Barrel House, Bridgeport Brewing, Widmer Gasthaus, Breakside Brewery, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Fire on the Mountain, Alameda Brewhouse to name a few. Portland is beer drinkers Nirvana! Enjoy!
Good list, but you forgot the Acropolis.

Apex if they're still open? Crapload of taps though they don't brew their own stuff. Definitely hit Hopworks and Laurelwood. Lucky Lab is worth a shot too. You almost can't go wrong in Portland...

Apex is still open. Cash only. Last week they scored a keg of Pliny the Younger. People started lining up at 10:30am for that. If you do hit Apex there is a decent bottle shop kitty corner from them.

I forgot the name of it, but there is also a cider bar (Bushwackers perhaps) in SE also.

Whiskey Soda Lounge is pretty good also. Not really beer though. Nice whiskey flights. The best fish sauce chicken wings I've ever had. Even tops Fire on the Mountain.

Sasquatch is a new brewery in SW Portland (Hillsdale).

Someone mentioned Cascade. They specialize in sours.

Lucky Lab for pizza and beer. Their dog breath pizza is good. They have 2 stores. They brew at one place and supply the other store with brew.

I used to recommend the Green Dragon but I think its on the downslide.

Back