Porter Fermenting Process?? How Long??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseLima

Reaction score
I am a new brewing just finished brewing a nice Porter. First day Fermenting it at 68 degrees. How long should i leave it in Primary and then how long in secondary. Then when i bottle whats a recommended length. I was thinking 1.5 weeks primary... 2 weeks secondary and prime and bottle for 2 weeks and then try..

Yeah, good call. Would also just say that in my experience, my darker beers (porters and stouts) only got better with age. At 6-8 weeks you can be drinking it. However, at 12 weeks it will probably be even better so set a bunch aside to compare.

Build up the pipeline so that you don't have to drink your beer too early. It just gives you an excuse to brew more often.

Yeah, good call. Would also just say that in my experience, my darker beers (porters and stouts) only got better with age. At 6-8 weeks you can be drinking it. However, at 12 weeks it will probably be even better so set a bunch aside to compare.

Build up the pipeline so that you don't have to drink your beer too early. It just gives you an excuse to brew more often.

Thanks.. Patience is the KEY.

I wouldn't bother with a secondary. Just leave it in the primary for three to for weeks then bottle.

I wouldn't bother with a secondary. Just leave it in the primary for three to for weeks then bottle.

Thank you... Imma Kick the Secondary and just go straight to bottle.

Latest posts

Back